Feb 09 2018
Letters and Recommendations
For further information, Please contact directly Mrs. Ragheda Abdel-Nour by Phone: (202) 939-6314 or E-Mail: RAbdel-Nour@lebanonembassyus.org
No Objection Letter: Change of Student's Legal Status
- A letter from the institution from which you have graduated in Lebanon, stating that you are under no financial obligation to that institution.
- Case file number, issued by the US Department of State/ Visa Services after completeing the data sheet available via the Internet at: http://www.travel.state.gov
- A copy of your passport, Visa and I-94.
- A notarized statement from you stating that you are under no financial obligation to any private or public institution in Lebanon.
- Exact date of arrival on the J-1 visa (and port of entry). Your address of residence while in the U.S.A. If there have been any changes in address, please list them all.
- Statement from you explaining whether your education in the U.S.A. is governmentally or privately financed.
- $15.00 Money Order payable to the Embassy of Lebanon.
- 2 addressed stamped envelopes: one for the US Department of State and one addressed to you
US Department of State Address: Visa Office- CA/VO/L/W-Visa Services SA-17, 11th Floor 600 19th st. , NW Washington, D.C. 20522-1711 ** These requirements are requested by the Department of State to approve the change of students' legal status, regardless of the source that financed their degree.
Note: The recommendation letter can be granted for Lebanese citizens to request a visa from other embassies
- A letter from the applicant stating the purpose, destination, and date of trip
- A valid Lebanese passport
- Money order in the amount of $15.00 payable to the Embassy of Lebanon
Educational Center for Foreign Medical Graduates (E.C.F.M.G)
The necessary papers required to obtain a letter from this Embassy for an extension of stay in the United States ( J-1 visa).
- A notarized statement from you confirming to the Embassy that you will return to Lebanon upon completion of training in the filed of _ _ _ _ (you must indicate your field of specialization) in the United States,and intend to practice medicine in the speciality for which training is being sought.
- A copy of the first 3 pages of your passport, a copy of your I-94 and the visa.
- Letter from the Institution stating that you are enrolled in a training program or a copy of the acceptance letter in the program.
- A copy of your Diploma
- $15.00 money order payable to the Embassy of Lebanon.
- 2 addressed stamped envelopes: one for the E.C.F.M.G and one addressed to you.