Feb 09 2018
Request from the spouse of a Lebanese Citizen to acquire Lebanese Citizenship.
One year after registering the marriage in the vital statistics office in Lebanon, (and not only at the Lebanese Embassy) the wife of a Lebanese citizen can apply to obtain the Lebanese Nationality, after providing the following required documents:
- One copy of a recent family civil registry record ( بيان قيد عائلي), showing the registration of the marriage in the Lebanese records.
- Filling out before a Notary Public documents no 1, no 2, no 3.
- One copy of the wife's Birth Certificate
- One copy of the wife's valid passport showing the change in her last name. If the name wasn’t changed, the husband should fill and sign the document no 4, before a Notary Public.
- One copy of the Lebanese passport of the husband
- One copy of Lebanese Marriage Certificate
- One copy of the husband and the spouse's Driver License
- $20.00 money order payable to the Embassy of Lebanon
- 2 envelopes, stamped & self-addressed (USPS ONLY)
Call (202) 939-6314 or E-Mail: RAbdel_Nour@lebanonembassyus.org
Request for reacquisition of the Lebanese Citizenship for individuals who are of Lebanese descent.
Applications are now open for the Reacquisition of the Lebanese Citizenship. Click here
Please note that The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants has launched a website in Arabic, French, English, Portuguese and Spanish: www.lebanity.gov.lb or www.libano.gov.lb which is now at the disposal of these descendants of Lebanese origins and seeks to facilitate the registration process and communication between the Embassies and The Ministry Of Foreign Affairs and Emigrants.
Before mailing any document to the Embassy, and for further information, Please contact directly Mr. Rami FAYAD at (202) 939 6300 ext:1208 or Ramif@lebanonembassyus.org
Renunciation of Lebanese Citizenship
Following are the requirements to apply for the renunciation of the Lebanese citizenship:
- A written notarized affidavit mentioning the full name, place and date of birth, Lebanese passport number and US passport number of the person requesting the renunciation, and mentioning the reason of renunciation) . For a sample, click here.
- The original Lebanese Passport + the Lebanese ID or extract of individual/family civil registration اخراج قيد عائلي او افرادي .
- A notarized copy of US Passport.
- A Money order in the amount of $ 350.00 payable to the Embassy of Lebanon.
- A letter from the U.S. Authorities/organism stating the reason for the request of renunciation of the applicant’s Lebanese citizenship.
- A Stamped and certified self-addressed return envelope.
- Full address and telephone number of the applicant.
Please note that the request that fulfills the aforementioned requirements will be sent to the competent Authorities in Lebanon to decide on it.
For further information, Please contact directly Ms. Najah El-Khouri by Phone: (202) 939-6312 or E-Mail: NEL-KHOURI@lebanonembassyus.org