Feb 09 2018
Transfer of Body
In order to transfer the body of a deceased person to Lebanon, kindly send the following:
- Original death certificate
- Burial Transit Permit
- Letter of non-contagious diseases issued by an authorized health institution
- Letter of embalming
- Letter of sealed casket
- Original passport of the deceased
- Lebanese I.D. (Tathkarat al-hawiya or Ikhraj Kaid) of the deceased
- No fee is required
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
Please note that you need to fill out an application form related to the registration of death (check registration of vital events section) in order to register the death at the Lebanese Vital Records Registry.
The transfer of body of non Lebanese citizens is subject to the approval of the Lebanese General Security.
For further information, please contact Mr. George Waked at: (202) 939-6303 or Mrs. Soukaiba Araji at: (202) 939-6300 ext. 1200.